The goals of Reality U are
- Teach teens that their performance in school today can affect their future.
- Provide students with the opportunity to learn and practice personal finance skills.
- Mobilize the community to become involved stakeholders in education, particularly financial literacy education in their local schools.
Meet several National Standards for Financial Literacy:
- Students will use rational decision-making and planning to set and implement financial goals
- Students will understand sources of income and the relationship between income and career preparation
- Students will understand principles of money management
- Students will understand credit uses and costs.
Communities In Schools (CIS) of Georgia is the state's leading organization in providing student support services and drop-out prevention. CIS is dedicated to empowering at-risk students to stay in school and on a path to a brighter future. Working directly inside more than 244 schools and 4 community sites across the state, we connect kids to caring adults and community resources designed to help them succeed. We do whatever it takes to ensure that all kids—regardless of the challenges they may face—have what they need to realize their potential.